Workshop by Sorob Louie
Creating interactive applications using image processing and Unity3D. This workshop will explore possibilities of using Unity3D game engine to create interactive installations. We will use image processing to detect people in the space and create compelling experiences in 3D space.
• Skill Level: Intro/Intermediate
• Intro to Unity, image processing, and web sockets
• Image processing session to detect people in the space
• Hands on development session in Unity
• Networking using web sockets
• Q&A throughout
WHAT TO BRING / GOOD TO HAVE
• Any recent computer (including Mac)
• Unity3D Pro or Personal Edition www.unity3d.com
• Experience with Unity is a plus
WHO IS SOROB?
Formerly Interactive Developer at Second Story in Portland, Sorob's diverse background in electronics and interactive programming, fused with a strong interest in emerging technologies, guides his passion for creating experiences that explore the possibilities of communication.
Through 3D design and animation, prototyping, research, and programming, his work as an interactive developer supports multiple aspects of the development process. Sorob holds a BS in Digital Arts from the University of Oregon and continues to expand professionally through his work.